Samaritans 116 123
- Provide a listening ear, no matter what the problem or situation, so you never need be alone.
Mental Health First Response Service 111 – Option 2
- Round the clock mental health care, advice and support.
Lifeline Mental Health Helpline FREEPHONE 0808 808 2121
- A local, confidential and anonymous helpline service available from 7pm-11pm
Guide to mental health services in Cambridgeshire
The Keep Your Head website provides links and resources for young people, their parents and carers and professionals.
It is aimed at helping young people improve their mental wellbeing.
Other Useful Links
- Mind in Cambridgeshire: .mindincambs.org.uk
- Mental Health Foundation: mentalhealth.org.uk
- Blue Smile: bluesmileproject.org
- Young Minds: youngminds.org.uk
Mental Health Support information sheet on local and national resources that may be of help. It has been written with children and young people primarily in mind, but there are a number of resources that would be beneficial to adults too.
This webinar, which took place on 1st March 2016, features a discussion on children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing. It is for parents, carers and teachers of primary and secondary school children in Cambridgeshire. It focuses on what mental health is, what we can do to promote and protect it, and what national and local support there is.
Main page with details of the speakers, resources and Q&A http://www.cambridgeshireinsight.org.uk/health/healthtopics/mh/webinar
Free mental health training that schools can access http://www.trainingcamh.net/
Guide to Rough Times
An older site (no longer maintained) aimed at teenagers to help with understanding and dealing with a whole range of issues http://www.cpft.nhs.uk/guidetoroughtimes